If I am wrong and there is a Judeo/Christian god, the day of my death will truly be judgment day. I do hereby affirm that I will give him a fair chance to account for his deeds before I pass judgment upon him.
Ten things I wish the church knew about homosexuality:
1) If Jesus did not mention a subject, it cannot be essential to his teachings.
2) Truth isn’t like wine that gets better with age> It’s more like manna you must recognize whenever you are and whoever you are with.
4) You cannot call it special rights when someone asks for the same rights you have.
5) It is no longer your personal religious view if you’re bothering someone else.
6) Marriage is a civil ceremony, which means it’s a civil right.
If you someone stimulates a public nerve has become the needle in your moral compass, you are the one who is lost.
8) To condemn homosexuality, you must use parts of the Bible you don’t yourself obey. Anyone who obeyed every part of Leviticus would rightly be put in prison.
9) If we do not do the right thing in our day, our grandchildren will look at us with the same embarrassment we look at racist grandparents.
10) When Jesus forbade judging, that included you.
Each week, millions and millions of upper middle classe American citizens put on expensive dress clothes and load themselves into SUVs and drive past homeless shelters, orphanages, prisons, missions, and halfway houses on their way to a very expensive and nice church, where somebody tells them how to be more like Jesus. That is fucking awesome, let me tell you.